Loops Ventures GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 30 20896646
Alex Kirgiannakis (Co-Founder & CEO)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Register number: HRB 161052 B
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1.3 Any deviating or conflicting terms and conditions of the user will be accepted by the provider in cases of doubt only in explicit written declarations.
- 1.5 The user is obliged to read the Data Privacy Statement.
§2 Subject Matter of the User Contract
2.1 Subject matter of the user contract is the provision of a globally accessible application by the provider.
2.2 The application provides the following functions to the user:
- Creating a profile that is made available to other registered users only and not to external internet users (public).
- Uploading personal content and content management via the user account.
- Making contact with other registered users, administering contact data.
- Accepting and declining contact requests of other users.
- Receiving and sending messages from and to other users.
- Making search requests for other users and profile information.
- Posting messages and comments within the chat function of a particular check-in.
2.3 The specific graphic and functional representation of the usage possibilities within the contractual agreement, as well as the extension of the usage possibilities e.g. in form of new features or other amendments such as additional chargeable services are subject to the provider’s discretion. With retention of the contractual agreement, the provider shall at any time be entitled to modify and adjust the specific representation.
2.4 The application shall be available to the user without time limitation at a minimum of 95% of the annual average. Unforeseeable, unavoidable and extraordinary disturbances that can lead to non-availability of the application, such as power blackouts, hacker attacks, failure of telecommunications lines at the transfer point to the internet, are not taken into account in the minimum accessibility estimate.
§3 Registration, User Account, Use of Passwords
3.1 Natural or legal persons can register for usage of the application.
A legal person can only be registered by natural authorized representatives. The user has to be at least 14 years of age to register.
3.2 In accordance with the terms of the registration process, the user is obliged to give full and truthful details on his/her person and to always keep these details up to date.
3.3 The user is obliged to keep his/her password secret and to protect it against any wrongful use by unauthorized persons. If a password is disclosed to a third party, the user shall be obliged to immediately communicate such disclosure or misuse via e-mail to the provider so that the old password can be locked and a new password can be issued. The user is not entitled to assign his account to third parties. The user acknowledges that that he/she is completely responsible for the actions of any third party to whom the account is made accessible.
§4 General Obligations of the User
4.1 The user may not use the service provided by the supplier for any purpose except as contemplated by the contract. The user is prohibited from using the service beyond the specified purpose. This includes the following actions:
- systematic copying or extracting of our users’ contact data for purposes of passing on to third parties;
- unreasonable harassment of other users, for example by aggressive, obscene, insulting, defamatory or intrusive posts or messages;
- unreasonable harassment of other users, for example by distribution of unsolicited mass advertising;
- extensive or lasting usage of the application for the purpose of publishing and distributing content that does not comply with the app’s purpose or subject area;
- any actions that lead to excessive system demands or system disruptions;
- the use of other identities but one’s own for registration.
4.2 In case of any infringement the supplier is entitled to immediately terminate the contract
without notice and to delete the user account.
§5 Obligations of the User regarding Rendered Contents
5.1 The user guarantees that all uploaded contents (text, images, photos and the like) do not infringe the rights of third parties (for example infringement of copyrights, personal rights, competition laws).
5.2 The supplier is entitled to delete or deactivate the contents uploaded by the user if they infringe the rights of third parties or if third parties assert legal claims due to the violation of rights and the justification of these claims cannot be excluded.
§6 Termination and Deletion of User Account
6.1 The user is entitled to terminate the contractual agreement with the supplier at any time without observing a deadline and without giving any reasons. Such termination can impliedly be made by deactivation of the user account. In case of termination the user profile will be deleted, however the user’s messages, chat posts and contents will remain in place
without being linked to the account.
6.2 Besides the time-bound termination, the supplier is also entitled to terminate the user contract without any notice if there exists a substantial reason. Substantial reason is given in particular in the event that
- the user lastingly and grossly violates the contractual obligations (see §4)
- in using the application he/she culpably and seriously infringes upon statutoryregulations.In these cases the supplier is also entitled to delete the user account and to deny the user the option of creating a new account for the duration of one year after receipt of termination.
7.1 The supplier is liable in cases of intent or gross negligence in accordance with legal regulations. Liability for guarantees exists independently of the issue of negligence. In cases of minor negligence the supplier is liable exclusively in accordance with the provisions of the law on product liability, on account of damage to life, personal injury, damage to health or essential contractual obligations. Damage claims for minor negligent violation of contractual obligations is limited to the foreseeable damage for the applicable type of contract, unless liability exists for harming human life, body or health. The supplier is liable for the negligence of subcontractors and representatives to the same extent.
7.2 The ruling specified above under number 7.1 extends to include damages in addition to performance and damages in lieu of performance and the claim for compensation due to futile expenditures, regardless of the legal grounds including liability for defects, delay or impossibility of performance.
§8 Data Protection Clause
8.1 In respect of data protection the following data protection information applies that is available by clicking this link:
Data Privacy Statement
§9 Final Provisions
9.1 The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively with the exception of the UN Sales Convention (CISG). Exempted herefrom shall be claims in the field of industrial property rights and copyright.
9.2 In respect of the place of jurisdiction the following applies:
If the user is a merchant, legal entity of public law or of special fund under public law, without general national place of jurisdiction, the registered office of the provider shall be the place of jurisdiction. The supplier can also bring an action against the user in his own general jurisdiction. [Provided the user is a merchant, e.g. Ltd. (GmbH), employer (AG), registered sole trader (e.K.)]
9.3 If individual clauses of these Terms and Conditions become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the contract as a whole. The ineffective or unenforceable stipulation shall be replaced by such effective and enforceable provision whose effects come closest to the objective pursued by the contracting parties with the ineffective or unenforceable provision.